Wednesday 3 April 2019

WIPW - A Good Week

I am happy to say I have several things to report for Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
I have added a few details, in stitches, beads and a sequin, and now consider this block finished.



I have already selected the fabric for the next block. All pink! Stitching and embellishment details will be in white.

BES
On my Brazilian Embroidery Study I have worked a flower.
In the middle is a Whipped Wheel made with variegated thread that created the beautiful change from pink to green.
The outer petals are made with long legged Fly Stitch and tipped with Bullion Knot. 
The results is not that good - I still consider Bullion Knot to be one of the most difficult stitches.


Vaxholmskudden
Most of my time has been spent on the wool embroidery on this cushion.
The circle of polka dot cotton has been edged with Back Stitched Chain Stitch.
Inside these semicircles I added Half Buttonhole Wheel (orange), and added Detached Chain Stitch inside the segments (pink).
Then there are four pieces of appliquéd red boiled wool, which I fixed with white Straight Stitch.
Finally I appliquéd two half circles of blue cotton.
In the week to come I hope to add embroidery on the appliquéd parts.

11 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! Great progress. The wool looks so soft. How many crazy blocks have you finished now?

Janie said...

Beautiful work Queenie. I love seeing the variety of stitches and colors in the different designs.
Nice CQ block finish and onto pink!

Rachel said...

You are working on a wonderful variety of projects at the moment!

FlashinScissors said...

Beautiful stitching Queenie!
I especially love the latest Brazilian flower.
Your Whipped Wheel looks perfect to me!
Certainly is a great variety of projects!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Elizabeth's quarters said...

That's a huge amount of work, have you installed motors in your fingers? I love how the cushion is developing.

Susan said...

I really liked several things I saw here and will have to come back and study them. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Julie Fukuda said...

Your crazy blocks must be piling up nicely. It must be nice to have a bit more time to yourself. I like that pretty purple flower, and the beadwork too. Looking forward to see what goes on the pink.

crazyQstitcher said...

Everything here is beautiful; embroidery, colours and design. Bullions can be tricky but I can't see anything wrong with yours..the sunburst flower looks great. I like the neat and narrow Buttonhole leaves beside it. The cushion is lovely and would be a delight to stitch. The double enlargement is super for close-ups.

Maureen Bond said...

Everything here is beautiful; embroidery, colours and design. Bullions can be tricky but I can't see anything wrong with yours..the sunburst flower looks great. I like the neat and narrow Buttonhole leaves beside it.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You have had a productive week. Crazy looking good. What are you going to do with your blocks? Bullions are tricky and I like your flower as it is.

Tanya said...

You are getting so much done! I wish I had more to show on my blog... My stitching seems to all look the same! Love those crazy hexagons!!!