Tuesday 12 August 2014

TAST #124 - Closed Herringbone

TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) stitch #124 is named Closed Herringbone and is perfect for reversible embroidery.
On the one side you have the tight Herringbone like a braid, on the other two lines of neat Backstitches. If the fabric is light enough you will then see the Herringbone on the other side through the fabric. This kind of embroidery is called Shadow work.
On my sampler I have only shown the Herringbone itself.

Go to Pintangle to learn, share and enjoy.

14 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Just love the texture of this stitch and how you can 'play' with it !
Your sample is delightful Queenie.........
hugs
Chris Richards
xxx

Pamela said...

Beautiful stitching and colors!

Annet said...

Love the braided look of your stitches, it would be a great filling stitch for odd shapes.

Renee said...

The textures and colors are a pure delight! Lovely!

Queeniepatch said...

I have set a larger area to fill on this travel sampler than on the ordinary sampler I am stitching on in Japan. So more stitches here!

Queeniepatch said...

Thanks!

Queeniepatch said...

That was my thought, too. Or combined with other stitches. Did you see Carorose's sampler?

Queeniepatch said...

You are right, the texture of this stitch is delightful.

Séverine said...

Your sampler is wonderful. I'll try this stitch.

Anonymous said...

lovely sampler. bright and beautiful.

Queeniepatch said...

It is a stitch worth using; so rich, and easy to stitch, too.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you. My limited stash of thread for travelling makes this sampler very colourful and bright. I should have prepared a wider variety!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the different width variations, very useful. I'm pretty positive that I have done some shadow work many moons ago but I can't remember what it was or where it is.

Queeniepatch said...

I like the Closed Herringbone because spacing is no problem, ha, ha!