Saturday 16 August 2014

Look what I was given!

While in the UK I had the opportunity to meet embroidery oracle Pamela Allen of Hokkaido Kudasai.

Although Pamela and I both live in Japan, our homes are so far apart it has been difficult to meet there. By chance we were both in London at the same time this summer, and after various setbacks i.e. seriously delayed trains, me running out of pay-as-you-go airtime balance, heavy rain showers, we finally found each other amongst the crowds of central London.

Oh, what a delightful person! We had a great time chatting and I felt as if we had know each other a long time.

Anyone who has followed Pamela's blog knows her love for Japan and Hokkaido, but especially her passion for needlework. Pamela is so open minded about stitching and tries her hand at all sorts of techniques. She is also fast and blogs about one finish after another. Right now she has a series of Christmas ornaments that she made, mounted, photographed and prepared for one-a-day postings on her blog while in the UK. You see, she is organised as well!

Look what she gave me:
Isn't it a delightful scissor fob? Pamela has combined her skills of embroidery, beading and cord making.
THANK YOU, Pamela for the beautiful gift, and for taking time out of your hectic schedule to spend a few hours with me. Next time I hope we can find each other in the crowds of Tokyo, maybe at the quilt show in January.

17 comments:

Annet said...

Such a gorgeous scissor fob, it will be a nice reminder of your time together!

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, I will treasure it forever.

Renee said...

With all of the challenges you faced trying to meet up, I imagine the memories of that day will last a lifetime! What a beautiful scissor fob. Very sweet.

Pamela said...

I enjoyed meeting with you too. I hope to see you in January in Tokyo!

margaret said...

beautiful and a lovely reminder of time spent together

Julie Fukuda said...

That is really an amazing piece of work. And isn't it great you two could meet up so far from home?

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

A lovely gift and a new friendship ! Glad that you met up....we lead such busy lives dont
we !
hugs
Chris Richards
xxx

Queeniepatch said...

You are absolutely right! The harder it is to do something the more we will remember the event. Besides Pamela really IS a LOVELY person!

Queeniepatch said...

Good! Let's hope there will be no more transport, communications or weather disruptions!

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, isn't it beautiful?

Queeniepatch said...

Funny, isn't it, that sometimes you need to be really far away from home to be able to do the things that you actually could have managed nearer home?

Queeniepatch said...

Since I began my blogging life I have made so many friends and now also managed to meet up with quite a few. It is amazing!

City Krafters said...

Lovely gift very cool.

Queeniepatch said...

And it is so neatly stitched!

carorose said...

What a lovley gift. Sometimes the unexpected gift gives us so much pleasure.

Queeniepatch said...

I had not expected a gift as we were both away from home, so I had nothing to give in return. That must be amended!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely present, I must have a look at her blog, she is very talented!