Sunday 26 November 2023

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 272: Alternating Diagonal Stitch

In the excellent A-Z of Embroidery Stitches 2, I found this easy, yet striking stitch. Alternating Diagonal Stitch. The point is that you use two threads, and if they are of contrasting colours you get a nice 'barber shop sign' look.

Here is how to stitch it:

Stitch downwards.

When you have reached the 
end of the first column, 
change colour.
Easy peasy!

Homework:

Add here. Use waste canvas when needed.



4 comments:

Angela said...

That looks great. I have that book but haven't looked at it for a while. I need to get it out.

Rachel said...

Ooh, another I've not seen!

Pamela said...

This looks nice on the Aida fabric.

Janie said...

Well done, good tutorial, and another useful stitch, I can see it as a border or filler.