Wednesday 7 September 2022

WIPW - More Canvas Stitches and a NEW Project

I was lucky and had time to work on the 

Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler
and added more Canvas stitches. 

Here are #219 Two-sided Italian Cross Stitch (blue), #134 Chopstick Stitch (orange) and #169 Kerman Stitch (green). As you can see there is space left on the waste canvas ready and waiting for other stitches.


NEW! Mandala - a Wall Hanging
It is high time I started a new project. 
I had grey velveteen left after making the two-sided cushion:

I have also been gifted with some lovely bejewelled sari silk, and some transfer foil, which I want to add to this new wall hanging. 
I will put to use as much as possible from my own stash, as I don't want to spend money on new purchases. Shiny things, metallic thread, buttons and fabric with metallic print will be brought into play.

The lovely lady who gave me the sari silk and foil, she makes the most wonderful mandalas, so it is befitting that I use these decorative items for such a mandala.

I will also work on the design strategy I used for Vaxholmskudden, the cushion I made for a cousin of mine three years ago.
The strategy was to start in the middle and work my way outwards. A mandala is round so I will start with a circle in the middle of the wall hanging and then see where it leads to.

This project will take time and I am in no hurry, so be prepared for slow progress.



7 comments:

Pamela said...

Always good to start a new project!this new idea sounds interesting.

carorose said...

Lovely cushion

Annet said...

I'm looking forward to your new mandala! And I like your new canvas stitches on the sampler.

Rachel said...

This sounds promising - much that is interesting!

crazyQstitcher said...

Wonderful projects on the go. The canvas stitches are interesting, I am behind in this work. Looking forward to the Mandala work- your cushion is fabulous and I'm sure the new one will be as good.

Julie Fukuda said...

It sounds like a good plan... and something for your viewers to look forward too as well. Fancy fabric is not easy to put in an ordinary quilt.

Angela said...

Oh, I am so excited that you will use these bits and pieces for a mandala! I can't wait to see it!