Wednesday 4 May 2022

WIPW - Circles of Scrap

It has been a busy week and not much time has been spent on the stitching projects, but here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Velveteen Cushion

I added crosses in silver thread over the raspberry pink fabric covered plastic cups. 

Then a sprinkle of #208 Star Filling Stitch nearby.


Furthermore I used Closed Fly Stitch to make some green leaves.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler
More fabric scraps were used to make circles, then appliquéd on. One of them got an edge treatment of #208 Star Filling Stitch.
The other circles will have to wait a bit before I have time to embellish them.



8 comments:

Pamela said...

Pretty additions!

Janie said...

Padded Cross Stitch, another useful stitch, good tutorial in your previous post. And more circles, more progress. I do like the raspberry buttons, they remind me of berries, organic.

carorose said...

Looking very pretty

FlashinScissors said...

The raspberry buttons are beautiful, love their decoration. The leaves are gorgeous, I wouldn’t have thought of that type of leaf. Great progress on your circles too!
Hugs, Barbara xx (Flashinscissors)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I love the look of the pink buttons with the silvery thread crisscrossing them. It is always really fun to see your various stitches.

Rachel said...

I like the variations on cross stitches that you've used over the pink buttons!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The cushion is looking good.

Tanya said...

Ooh. The edge stitch addition is just lovely!