Wednesday 16 February 2022

WIPW - Waste Canvas to the Rescue

Work In Progress Wednesday.

I continued work on the 

Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

by adding #14 Norwich Stitch,  #108 Crow's Foot Stitch, #127 Amadeus Stitch to go with the Walneto Stitch I worked last week.

Waste canvas was a great help to make the stitches even.







Velveteen Cushion

Recently Shami of My Craft Works made a Herringbone Video Tutorial. Please have a look, Shami makes such great tutorials and videos, well worth checking out.

This video inspired me to make some leaves and flower buds.




A Stuffed Elephant Without the Stuffing

I also started making a stuffed toy elephant for a little boy. Alas I have run out of wadding to stuff it with. The shapeless elephant body, like a punctured balloon, is a somewhat sad sight. Therefore I will post a picture when the animal has been well fed with fluffy stuff.

Hopefully by next WIPW report he has gained enough weight, or volume in any case.

7 comments:

Janie said...

Beautiful embroidery additions!
And I'm looking forward to seeing the little elephant.

Rachel said...

It's been my experience that one never has enough stuffing!

Pamela said...

Nice variety and colors! I look forward to seeing the stuffed elephant.

crazyQstitcher said...

A wonderful arrangement of the stitches and beautiful also. I've saved Shami's link- Thank you for sharing. I hope you get the stuffing soon. Can't have a flat elephant laying about the house.

Tanya said...

Looking forward to seeing your elephant! That makes me think I should make a stuffed animal for my grandson! I remember making stuffed cats and stuffed bears for my kids.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful stitchery.

Angela said...

Oh, yes! Waste canvas! I had forgotten about that stuff. I will get some so that I can try those stitches! Thanks!