Wednesday 23 February 2022

WIPW - Various Gifts

Work In Progress Wednesday will show you that I've had a busy and creative week.

First there is the 

Elephant Toy

mentioned in last week's WIPW post.

Ever since I first saw the design by Hillary Lang, in Joelle Hoverson's  'Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted  Gifts' I have wanted to make this charming stuffed toy.

Alas, although I followed the instructions to a T, my elephant looks a bit chubbier and the trunk seems shorter than the elephant pictured in the book, so I am a little bit disappointed. My animal is charming, I will give you that, but I will try the design again and hope for a better result.


Coasters

The same book inspired me to make five simple coasters, and here I am very pleased with the result.

I made use of what was left of a charm pack of William Morris' quilting fabric.

Greeting Cards
While the sewing machine was out (it usually has to be stored away in a cupboard) I used up some pieces of scrap fabric, and made two birthday cards.


Velveteen Cushion

Some more floral embroidery in metallic thread was added to the cushion.



Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler 

I started filling the void around the oval shapes with various crosses. #3 Cross Stitch, #79 Crown Stitch and a few #128 Four-Legged Cross stitches.










 


8 comments:

Pamela said...

The elephant is cute! The coasters will be a great gift and very useful. The cards are sweet and you have really done a lot on the cushion and sampler. Great progress this week!

Rachel said...

A productive few days. The elephant looks a complete poppet, and any slight differences will just add to his charm!

Janie said...

Wow you have been productive! Cute elephant, it will be loved. And good finish on your coasters and greeting cards! I like the metallic thread addition on the Velveteen Cushion and good use of filling stitches on your sampler.
You've been busy!

Anonymous said...

You do a polite work even when you are busy.And very productive.
I like the printed pattern of the elephant’s ears and the tail.🐘

Annet said...

You have been very busy, love the cute elephant.

Tanya said...

You have so many projects that have turned out beautifully. I will have to go hunting for an elephant pattern! That is adorable!

carorose said...

There is so many pieces here! All look great and I like that cushion.

Angela said...

I am impressed with all your stitching projects! I love that little elephant!