Wednesday 12 January 2022

WIPW - A New Cushion

The second Work In Progress Wednesday report this year.

Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I needle turned down the pink oval that was at a basted stage last week. I added two more ovals, #52 Underside Couching Stitch and #111 E Laced Edging Stitch.



Knitting

The leg warmers I started knitting during the New Year holiday are now warming my ankles!


New Velveteen Cushion

Once upon a time, long ago, I made a quilt of fake patchwork fabric, i.e. the print is a pieced rhombus pattern, and velveteen in pink and grey. The quilting was done in metallic silver thread.



I kept the remnants to make a matching cushion. A new year's resolution for 2022 was to finally take action.

As I also want to use up other remnants from my stash, I pieced together odd bits of Japanese fabric for the backing.

Piecing, sandwiching and basting were done first, of course.





Then I started on the quilting. To mirror that of the quilt I used ordinary Running Stitch for quilting the rhombus pattern. 
For the border,  I made an oval cross pattern, which I quilted in Feather Stitch. 
Both silver and gold threads have been used.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very active.
Leg warmers are so cute.💗
Japan will protect your feet as it gets colder from now on.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The cushion is looking good.

Pamela said...

The quilt and matching cushion are gorgeous!

carorose said...

Love the leg warmers and the cushion.

Rachel said...

And it is so satisfying to knock something off the to-do list, isn't it! Especially when it is turning out so well..

crazyQstitcher said...

A wonderful Post of your handworks. Nice to know your legs will be warmer during the cold weather. The cushion looks fabulous- I'd love to run my hands (clean) over it. The Feather stitched pattern is beautiful.

Tanya said...

Wow! What a beauty you've made of the fake patchwork pattern!