Sunday 6 December 2020

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 155: Up and Down Split Stitch

 Today I have a lovely filling stitch. 

Do you remember Magic Split Stitch, made with two threads? It makes a beautiful vertical line.

Somewhere on the internet, Pinterest maybe, I saw a great way of using this method for a double horisontal row of (individual) Split Stitch. 

Unfortunately I can not remember the source, but want to give credit if possible. If you know anything about this stitch, please leave a comment.

Meanwhile I will call it Up and Down Split Stitch.

Here is how it is made:

You need two threads in the needle

Start at the star, then take a stitch (down) as shown in the picture.

Pull through

until you have a 'triangular Chain Stitch'.

The next stitch goes upwards. Follow the picture.

Continue in this way, up and down.

Anchor the last stitch.

For variation, why not use two colours in the needle?



Have fun while you do your
Homework:
I will work on my samplers














5 comments:

carorose said...

One of my favourite stitches.

Rachel said...

Oooh, another intriguing one!

Pamela said...

This looks great! Well done.

Annet said...

Such an pretty stitch, it makes a nice border.

Tanya said...

Yes, that stitch would make a nice border. I love the two colors version.