Wednesday 16 December 2020

WIPW - Scaling Down for the Holidays

 Work In Progress Wednesday.

I have completed two projects and will be scaling down my workload for the holidays.


Tvistsöm Cushion

The Tvistsöm Cushion is now backed with red cotton and has an inner cushion stuffed with wadding. It is resting on the day bed together with three other wool cushions. 

The one on the left is also Tvistsöm (aka Long Armed Cross Stitch), in the middle is a cushion in Tent Stitch and the one on the right is made in Rya Stitch. Those three are all old, but have worn very well and still look good.


Crazy for Crazy

The teal and gold block is completed, after I added some more beads.


I will start making a new block next year after the holidays.


Log Cabin Challenge

Only five new blocks were made. The total is now 320 blocks. I will try to trudge on making blocks during the Christmas and New Year Holiday. 


7 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

Such a wonderful way to end 2020 with beautiful projects. The Blue and gold block - perfect in all ways. I could never stay the distance of the involved work of those cushions- a credit to your patience. They do indeed look good...love the fluffy look of Rya stitches.... and the Log Cabin blocks also.

Lyn Warner said...

So much work in all your cushions! It's a really lovely collection to have. The long-armed cross on the left is my favourite. Oh! Such beautiful colours in your log cabin blocks.

Tanya said...

What a beautiful collection of cushions you have!! All made by you I'm sure. I wonder how much time has been devoted to all that beauty over the years!

Janie said...

Great plans. Your T cushion finish is perfect.
And CC teal and gold block finish, lovely.
I like the fabrics you used in your Log Cabin blocks, especially the batik in red, blue and violet.
Thanks for sharing your process/projects, inspiring!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Oh, your collection of cushions is wonderful. So cozy, colorful. Each one is so beautiful and unique, and they all work well together.

Rachel said...

Love the block. But then, one of my favourite colour schemes!

carorose said...

I love all the cushions. So much so that I might have to make a tent stitch one.