Wednesday 25 November 2020

WIPW - A Golden Matt and A Red Border

 Work In Progress Wednesday today will show you 

Crazy for Crazy

where I used the arabesque swirls in Running Stitch to build Knotted Running Stitch floral stems.

Leaves in long and narrow Lazy Daisy Stitch were added.

I also made a simple line of Cretan Stitch to cover one seam.

Next week I will take out the beads and pearls, and add the David Star Shirtwaist Button.



Tvistsöm Cushion
I have completed the inner area of teal and green with specs of gold and colour.
Two rows of metallic thread all around the stitching made a nice matt (mount).
Work has started on a red border.

Log Cabin Challenge
The completion of 10 more blocks brings the total number to 305.
I can no longer close the lid of the box; I will have to find a larger box for storage.


7 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Crazy is looking fabulous, Queenie! I like that Cretan stitch.
Love the glitter on Tvitsöm, and my how your patches are growing!
You are keeping busy!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Pamela said...

I really like the Cretan stitch too. I need to use it more. It looks great on the seam.

crazyQstitcher said...

Lovely work on the Crazy for crazy. The colours are not at all lost on the same tones background. The gold edging looks great and picks up the gold specks. The log cabin blocks made me think of your Trinity Green and the boxes you needed for that. I'd forgotten the Knotted Running stitch and must use it again.

Tanya said...

Yes, the size and the number of boxes grow in my sewing room too! Your octagon block is looking great!

Rachel said...

The teal and gold is going well, isn't it!

jacaranda said...

Those shades of blues in your blocks are beautiful.

carorose said...

Lovely blocks, you are keeping at it.