Friday 6 November 2020

Friday Homework for Lesson 151: Bengali Petal Stitch

This stitch looks easier in the video than it is in real life. That is my evaluation. 

It was especially hard to make it look good on Aida. The Perle used for the Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart was not the best choice of thread for this stitch either. Least problem was to use Appleton Wool on the Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth.

See for yourself:

Aida Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart


Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth

Like with all the stitches I try out here at Sunday Stitch School, I will use it in future projects and hopefully I will manage to make better. After all, the saying is, Practice makes perfect.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

It can be a bit of an adventure to get the right balance of scale of thread and stitch to make something work. Each of these has something interesting to offer, so I'm sure you will be able to build on them.