Wednesday 10 June 2020

WIPW - Next is Midnight Purple

I guess I am boring you with the usual projects, but I do have a new crazy quilt block among the Work In Progress Wednesday this week.

First let's look at the

Freeform Embroidery
I added Twisted Shell Chain, Detached Up and Down Buttonhole Stitch and a larger Chemanthy circle.


Crazy for Crazy
Well, I haven't started stitching, but decided on Midnight Purple for the next octagon block.

Log Cabin Challenge
Seven seams (indicated in yellow in the picture below) were embellished with Buttonhole Picot Bullion, Zig-zag Coral, Lace, Open Chain, Detached Twisted Chain, Fishbone and Knotted Sheaf stitches.



9 new blocks were made so the total is now 90.





8 comments:

jacaranda said...

No, you aren’t boring me, I love to see what amazing embroidery you are doing.

Rachel said...

I hadn't realised just how much the freeform has grown! Going well..

Pamela said...

Lots of progress this week! The new crazy fabrics look interesting.

Tanya said...

It is all so beautiful! The colors, the beautiful stitches, the large embroidery piece is just fascinating!

crazyQstitcher said...

You have been busy! I could enjoy looking at the Freeform for hours. I love the purples and the flowers on one of the C4C. The seams on the Log Cabin blocks really add extra to what are generally just machined.

carorose said...

Your freeform stitching reminds me of a mind map. Now that could lead to something. Love the quilt blocks.

Janie said...

90 blocks! I'm impressed, good work!
I like the texture of your shell stitch, perfect addition to your
freeform.
And midnight purple will be great contrast to your other blocks.
I enjoy your work, keep it coming.

Julie Fukuda said...

I wish I had a fraction of that much done. I think my "Get up and go", hasgot up and left.