Wednesday 3 June 2020

WIPW - Nearing the End

Welcome to see what Work In Progress I have made for this Wednesday.

Freeform Embroidery
Three stitches: Step, Raised Cretan and Holbein.

Crazy for Crazy
Can you spot the difference? What changes and additions have I made?


Yes, the green bow in the top left was too off-colour. I replaced it with a needle woven button, topped with a sequin and bead. Beads were also added on the velvet braid.

Is this block finished, or just nearing the end?
What do you think?



Log Cabin Challenge
Eight seams got embellished with:
Sailor's Edge, Q Stitch, Raised Cretan, Chinese Cross, Vandyke, Corded Coral, Herringbone Square and Raised Cross Stitch

Yellow lines indicate the newcomers.

14 new blocks were made for the quilt. Total number of Log Cabin blocks stands at 81.

8 comments:

Janie said...

Lovely work! Fun design choices too.
As far as decisions, relax and enjoy the process, I'm sure you'll get it just right.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think your crazy block has run out of room for anything more. The logs in your cabin are enjoying the embellishments as well.

Rachel said...

I'm sure the crazy patchwork block will tell you what it wants!

crazyQstitcher said...

I love the change-over of the bow to Needle Woven Buttonhole and the bead seam. Work on both C4C and the Log Cabin blocks are so appealing to the eye.
Having stitch samples on a useful item is even better than on a sampler.
I like your idea. I never think of your Freeform as a sampler but as art.

Tanya said...

81 blocks! Think of all the embellishments you are going to be able to do!

Anonymous said...

The CD block is done I think. Start a new one!
Monica W

jacaranda said...

81 blocks, you have been busy. It is beautiful.

carorose said...

So much work, but I think you have enjoyed every stitch. Lovely.