Sunday 14 June 2020

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 136: Tied Windmill Stitch

Hello, and welcome to yet another set of five stitches here at Sunday Stitch School. The first one, #136, is a canvas stitch called Tied Windmill Stitch. I found it on this beautiful sampler of Carole's at A Slight Obsession with Books.

Work it like this:
Make a cross out of three vertical, 


and three horisontal straight
stitches.


Then make an X-cross to tie
the six straight stitches
together.



You can also make the rays with
different length of stitches, which
I think is very attractive.

Also, why not make the X-cross with a different colour, or thread?

Homework:
Add to these three samplers, and if there is time to the canvas sampler.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooh, this has possibilities, doesn't it!

Janie said...

I like that stitch and you're right the different length of rays is attractive.

Pamela said...

I really like this one! And it looks very easy to do.

Julie Fukuda said...

That stitch looks like a good possibility for my quilt's applique flowers centers. I was thinking yo yos but this might be a lot easier and less work.

Lyn Warner said...

It's a pretty stitch, especially the one with variable stitch lengths. The name is intriguing too.

Angela said...

That is a very cool stitch! I have to try it!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful