Wednesday 17 June 2020

WIPW - The Hot Wax Treatment

WIPW, as usual, shows progress in three projects.

Freeform Embroidery
Today we have: Triple Palestrina, Thorn and Bosnian Stitch.


Crazy for Crazy
The pieces have been stitched, so here is the naked block.

Of the embellishments selected were these small flowers,
but the colour was wrong, so what did I do? I filled in the buds with purple crayon and set the soybean wax with a hot iron.
Next job will be to put on the support fabric, so the block can be placed in a hoop and ready for fancy stitching and embellishing.

Log Cabin Challenge
Knotted Cretan, Cable Chain, Basque, Closed Herringbone, Barb and Alternating Double Chain.
These are all stitches from the TAST selection.

These six stitches have been added to the seams indicated with yellow lines.

A further 10 new blocks were stitched. Total number is now 100 blocks. Of those, 25 are in the cushion flimsy above, which means I have 75 for the quilt.
I will be making blocks until there are no strips of fabric left, and the size of the quilt/wallhanging is still unknown. This project will go on for a long time. It must be boring for you to see, but I love stitching the Log Cabins while listening to the news or some music.
Wow! I have been using the green Christmas fabric in the outer pieces on a lot of these blocks!

9 comments:

Janie said...

I like the stitches you added to Freeform. The thorn stitch looks fun, I've got to try it, the texture and possibilities are calling out to me.
The dark purples are so rich in your CC block and wonderful progress on your Logcabin blocks!

carorose said...

Knowing that a project will take a long time takes a lot of the pressure off one. You can just sit and enjoy it.

Pamela said...

Panda crayons! How cute. Your log cabin blocks look great.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Using the crayons to dye the little flowers is a great idea. I like the log cabin bloke idea. All those seams to decorate :)

Rachel said...

How ingenious to colour those little embellishments with crayon!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

My favourite today is the triple palestrina stitch.

Tanya said...

Your log cabin project is looking great! I haven't even thought about the Partnership block... how about you? I'll have to go look at the paper again because I've forgotten when the theme is... Will there even BE a quilt festival next year?

crazyQstitcher said...

The Freeform is so easy on the eye, no matter which stitches you add. Lovely work.
I like the purples of the C4C and the unusual (to me) way of colouring a lace flower. I must try that method. I think the Log Cabin work would be far easier - and faster-than the Trinity Green quilt. Love the variety of stitches on the logs.
Enjoy the quiet time while embroidering.

Julie Fukuda said...

Yesterday I sketched out an idea for the partnership block. I have yet to mess around with the log cabin. With all the zooming and skyping and go-to-meetings and facetiming and live streaming, all I am getting done is quilting the feedsacks... and I have to be careful to hold the work below the camera so that it looks like I am paying attention. Your crazy block has lovely potential.