Wednesday 8 April 2020

WIPW - Building Log Cabin Blocks

What progress have I made to show for this Work In Progress Wednesday report?

Freeform Embroidery
In the upper right corner I added a scattering of stitches: Drizzle Stitch,  Loopy Flower Stitch and a bit to the left you can spot Q Stitch.

Crazy for Crazy
I worked on and near the lace.
Then added a few floral sequins and beads.

More work is needed.

Log Cabin Challenge
I started building blocks (almost like pre-fabricated units of a house?) by adding one log after another by hand; and No, I am NOT working as fast as Yoko Saito in the video I showed last week! That's OK, January 2021 is a long way away.
Seven blocks can be seen in the picture.


9 comments:

carorose said...

Love your centres.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I LOVE the color scheme of your log cabins. Just so glowy and pretty.

Julie Fukuda said...

I am quilting daily on my floral quilt and haven't eve made a workable plan for the log cabin.If life returns to normal, piecing those blocks will be good for take-along work. Hard to do take along when I'm not going anywhere.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I was just thinking about doing some log cabin today but then I thought I'd better finish what I'm doing. Lovely colours by the way.

Janie said...

Beautiful embroidery in your sampler and CQ project.
I like the Loopy Flower stitch.
And your hand work in your Log Cabin blocks is great!

crazyQstitcher said...

Every project is lovely. You have been busy and the results are beautiful.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Log Cabin when finished.

Tanya said...

Yeah! A great start! Love the gold fireplaces!

Rachel said...

You've made progress on all of them!

Pamela said...

Nice color choices for your log cabin blocks!