Friday 17 April 2020

Friday Homework for Lesson 129: Olga's Petal Stitch

I don't know if this week's stitch can be classified as a stitch or a technique. Anyway, Olga's Petals are surprisingly easy to stitch, and make nice flowers - or bugs!

That is what I think the stitch looks like on the
Aida Sampler
A row of cockroaches! Yuck!


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart


Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth
This is where I got the best results, so Olga's Petal Stitch is definitely best as a Freeform surface stitch.
I inserted a piece of fabric in the orange petal.
The pink flower was stitched using variegated thread and I covered the void in middle of the flower with a button.

If you watched the video in Sunday's lesson, you saw that Olga outlined her petals with knotted stitch. The video is very fast and I have tried to identify the stitch, but am not sure what it is. Could it be a mirrored Palestrina Stitch? Does anyone know?



5 comments:

Pamela said...

The petals with the button look like spring in Japan.

Rachel said...

You're full of ideas! I would never have thought of stitched cockroaches!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It looks nice as a flower and I see it would be useful as a cockroach too.

Janie said...

Your Olga's stitch does look good on the teal wool.
Pam is right the colors of the button flower look like spring.

carorose said...

The stitch is similat to Palestrina but it isn't that stitch. Have to have a search around.