Wednesday 6 February 2019

WIPW - New Beginnings

Work In Progress Wednesday. I have to hurry up and post before Wednesday turns into Thursday here in Tokyo!

What progress have I to report today?

Well, I have been busy writing up blog reports from the quilt show in Tokyo Dome. Before that I completed the Cathedral Windows bag and the navy/pink crazy quilt block.

With those projects out of the way, I decided to tidy up my work space, put thread and fabric back into their boxes.

While I was rummaging in the fabric stash, I pulled out these pieces for the next
Crazy for Crazy
block.
I will use purple as the accent color.

HINA
Girls Festival is in less than a month's time and it is time to display the Hina dolls. That also means that I needed to make three more ornaments, just as I do every year.
This time I made, a butterfly, a decorative Japanese hairpin and a macaroon (girls love sweets?).

My next job is to add them to the mobile


11 comments:

chitra said...

Eager to see the outcome of the new block. The ornaments are beautiful! good work.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are cute ornaments, and a mobile is such a great way to showcase them!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Wow, the year must have flown by. It doesn't seem that long since the last festival.

Rachel said...

It seems to me you've made plenty of progress!

Pamela said...

Your mobile and the new ornaments are fabulous! I especially like the butterfly. Well done!

jacaranda said...

Beautiful mobile, many years of festival memories. Looking forward to seeing your next crazy block using those fabrics.

Julie Fukuda said...

Looking forward to your next crazy block.

Tanya said...

You really have such a variety of needlework going on! I’m glad you are enjoying your bit of free time (as compared to last year).

FlashinScissors said...

Love the butterfly, it’s gorg!
Barbara xx

carorose said...

Those ornaments are growing like topsy. Love your butterfly.

crazyQstitcher said...

Love the new fabrics for the C4C. The new Hina are great and the mobile is delightful.