Wednesday 27 February 2019

WIPW - Brazilian Embroidery

Here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Crazy for Crazy
I made use of the Methodist Knot stitch to outline some petals. These will be filled with some other stitches, maybe next week. In the centre of the flower I will add a crocheted ornament.
Curved lines of One-sided Buttonholed Chain Stitch were also added.


NEW
A Study In Brazilian Embroidery
I have this friend, this very generous friend, who has on several occasions sent me goodies from her stash.

Among the gifts are several hanks of hand-dyed Z-twisted rayon thread, for Brazilian Embroidery.
From my own stash I picked out a piece of golden green silk that I will work on.

With my friend's help I have also downloaded a booklet from the internet:
I am all set to start exploring the beauty of Brazil.
Thank you dear M.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm looking forward to following your experiments in Brazilian Embroidery!

I like your use of the Methodist Knot Stitch. It makes a crisp but subtle detail.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I love Buttonhole Chain Stitch! I first came across it in a Stitch Fun tutorial by Mary Corbet of Needle N' Thread, and I love the pretty scalloped effect! Your use of Methodist Knot Stitch is very effective. I hadn't heard of this stitch until your post and find the name a bit confusing - where is the knot?! - and I have to admit I wasn't sure how it could be used. But it looks lovely as the outline of your flower. Looking forward to seeing your adventures in Brazilian embroidery, stitchy friends are the best :)

Pamela said...

Nice additions to you crazy block! I have done a little Brazilian embroidery and have quite a few skeins of rayon thread. I'll be watching what you decide to do and might be inspired to do something too. Can you share the site where you found the book? Thanks!

Julie Fukuda said...

Your sample piece is going along nicely. The book looks interesting and I am wondering if you will learn a few new stitches or just a new name for ones you already have used.

Janie said...

Beautiful stitching, colors and embellishments, Queenie!
Yes, your one-sided buttonhole stitch is lovely on the outside of the Methodist
Knot stitch. Great names.
And Brazilian embroidery is exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing
your new project.

crazyQstitcher said...

I'm in love with the lilac embroidery- favourite colour too- Every stitch compliments the next. I'm looking forward to the flower finish.

chitra said...

Very interesting and good progress on your block. Brazilian embroidery- happy stitching.

carorose said...

I wil be interested to see your expreiments.

deepa said...

Looking forward to your BE experiments!! I hope you've got Milliner's needles too..