Wednesday 23 May 2018

WIPW - Crazy for Guinness

With one thing and another it has been a busy week. The result? There isn't much to report on Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
It took me some time to decide which colour to use for the next crazy quilt octagon block. Then I saw an advertisement for that Irish drink, and I got 'Crazy for Guinness'.

I sorted out my stash of black, and it was quick work as I have very little of that colour. The embroidery and embellishments will of course be in tan, and luckily I have a bit of that particular shade of light brown/beige.

This is as far as I have got! More digging among thread, beads, and maybe I have to do a bit of dyeing.

7 comments:

chitra said...

looks lovely! love the black!

Pamela said...

When I read the title, I thought you were drinking! Great start to your next crazy.

Queeniepatch said...

Since then I have assembled the block I am glad to say.

Queeniepatch said...

It is looking good as far as I have got, but black is a difficult colour to work on - it strains the eyes!

Queeniepatch said...

Maybe with a glass of that creamy stout I wouldn't have reached as far as I have - the block is now assembled. Should I have a drink before I start embellishing?

Janie said...

I 'googled' a can of Guiness to see the color way involved as I couldn't
remember exactly all the colors.
The black, cream, tan, gold and white have a lot of contrast
possibility.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Queeniepatch said...

This block will reflect the two colours of the drink itself, the black beer and the tan creamy foam. Well, there will be specs of gold, too.