Wednesday 6 September 2023

WIPW - Working with swirls, curves and paper

Very little time was allocated to handicrafts this week. The Work In Progress Wednesday report is lean. 

Mandala

I needed to find the curved edges, similar to a Dresden Plate pattern, for the Mandala. I used paper, pins and basting thread.



Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

Two more swirls were added: #258 Half Herringbone Stitch (purple) and #254 Alternating Mountmellick Stitch (apricot).

No need to comment.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there is a need to comment!! Great work and keep at it!

Toki said...

Curves are harder than you think when you actually try. I think prepare patterns are an important tool as shown in the photo.

Rachel said...

You're still making progress, though! Some evening I do ten crochet stitches and stop because my shoulder hurts..

Angela said...

Your curved lines are so pleasing to look at.