Wednesday 27 September 2023

WIPW - A Birthday Present

Oh, how time flies! Here is this week's Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Mandala

I completed the four lines of small blue and green leaves.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler 

I used two filling stitches: #87 Open Wave (variegated thread) and #104 Fly Stitch Filling (red and white).

Both were stitched freehand without waste canvas, so they are a bit wonky.



Birthday Present

A young lady I know will soon be 8 years old. The other day she coloured in a Mandala and hinted that she wished it had been stitched. I rescheduled some chores to get enough time to stitch it for her. This is as far as I have got.

I will only use threads that I have in my stash, so that is why the orange is a bit too strong in colour. Furthermore, I will also add some beads and metallic thread as the birthday girl LOVES everything that sparkles.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Your mandala and sampler are coming along nicely, but the birthday present is fabulous!

Lyn Warner said...

What a lovely gift the mandala will be for the young lady!

Rachel said...

What a very demanding young lady! But it is always good to encourage people to know their own minds..

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The mandala is looking great stitched.

Angela said...

What a lovely gift! She is a very lucky girl!

Toki said...

Mandala has evolved further.
Your cute friend will be surprised and have a Wonderful smile after receiving this gift.
She is very good at coloring.