Sunday 4 June 2023

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 253: Pachis Work

Today we have an Indian stitch used for Pachis Work. It is a double cross with a small cross in the middle.

Learn it at Sadala's Embroidery, or follow my photo instructions.


Stitch by number:

Out at 1, in at 2 and so on.

The red dots are for the 

small cross in the middle.




At this stage it looks very wonky.
Don't worry, you are on the right way.



Voila! There you are!






Why not make the central cross larger?




Homework:
Add here.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this stitch! I don’t think I have seen it before.
Pamela

Angela said...

Oh, I love the way that looks!

Toki said...

I feel a lot of possilities in this stitch.😍

Rachel said...

It looks a bit like a canvaswork stitch I know, but the extra cross is a new thought. Intriguing!