Friday 16 June 2023

Friday Homework for Lesson 254: Alternating Mountmellick Stitch

Oh, this is so beautiful. Unlike so many other alternating stitches where you have to stitch 'left-handedly', which for a right-handed person like me, is tricky, this is easy to stitch both sides of the middle line.


Aida Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart


Mottled Wool Scribble Cloth

Freestyle and wonky. The yellow stitches on the left go from up to down, and the ones on the right were stitched upside down. It's easy to see if you look at the chain stitch part of the stitch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this stitch, especially the evenness on the aida.
Pamela

Rachel said...

Freestyle and wonky is lovely!

Annet said...

Such a nice stitch, I never tried the normal Mountmellick stitch. It's still on my to-try-list. I'm going to add this one too!

Angela said...

I think it would be good for me to try doing a sampler on aida. I have never used it!