Wednesday 21 December 2022

WIPW - BLUNDER!!!!

December is a month when WIPW should be banned! Or rather I should not challenge myself and try to make progress - I have far too many other things to deal with. The result is that this week's Work In Progress Wednesday contains a big blunder.

Mandala

is fine, as I just added Ray Stitch to the remaining stems of Palestrina Stitch. I also remembered to take a photo where the scary snakes' heads are not seen! 



Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

is where I made a stupid mistake. I checked my Sunday Stitch School's list of undone stitches and found #220 Back Stitched Herringbone Stitch. 'I'll do a line of that one, it's easy and beautiful.' I said to myself.


It was easy and quick. I was very pleased with the prominent line.
It really is a nice stitch. 

Then I gasped - 'This is not Back Stitched Herringbone Stitch! It is not even a Sunday Stitch School stitch - it's a TAST stitch! It's Chevron Stitch! One of the traditional stitches What a stupid mistake!'

So next week's WIPW report will show reverse stitching and a corrected line.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

They are easy to confuse.

Anonymous said...

😂🤣 They look lovely anyway! Love the first photo, now I’m off to read about the stitches. 😁👍
Hugs,
Barbara (The Flashing Scissors) xxx

Rachel said...

Oh dear - but very much the sort of thing that can happen when your mind is somewhat divided!

Tanya said...

For those of us that don't keep track of the names it looks lovely and perfectly fine as is!