Thursday 23 June 2022

WIPW - Hanging Straight

 Work In Progress Wednesday.

Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I added #114 Ship's Ladder Stitch

and #204 Mountmellick Thorn Stitch (blue), and the first part of #92 Parma Stitch (the three lines of Chain Stitch will be buttonholed together next week.


Crazy for Crazy

has now recovered from the recent 'plastic surgery'. 'Botox' in the form of Vliseline has straightened the sagging and now the quilt hangs straight.


I noticed, though, that this quilt has no label so I got started on an Octagon block to be used on the label.

More on that next week.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Well done on the plastic surgery! It looks great. I look forward to seeinf the label.

Rachel said...

Well, at least you are able to add the label now, and be sure that the piece isn't going to sag further!

Anonymous said...

Hi Queenie! I didn't know what Vliseline was so I looked it up, sounds like a useful product. I like Thorn Stitch and the three lines of chain stitches will 'soon be buttonholed together?' that will be a good border embellishment.
Another sunny day today, from Janie @ crazyvictoriana.blogspot.com.
(Google doesn't seem to be recognizing me lately)

Julie Fukuda said...

I usually add a hanging sleeve in the bottom of hangings as well. It also helps if it is hanging in a place that gets some wind. Glad your plan worked.

Angela said...

You did a fabulous job fixing that quilt! That is the sort of thing that takes me forever to do.