Wednesday 1 June 2022

WIPW - Completion

Work In Progress Wednesday is proud to report on the completion of the 

Velveteen Cushion

At last, the cushion is completed and is now resting on the day bed. It took far longer to reach this stage than I had anticipated. Well, it is my own doing - I just added on things all the time. It is a nice way to work, to start in the middle or in a corner, and then play it by the ear, adding things along the way.

The end result is a cushion that has no back, but TWO fronts, and I will turn the cushion around each day to vary the look. One side for odd days and the other for even days.


Here you can see how well it goes with the quilt I made 17 years ago of the same fabric.

On the other side, I have only used the grey velveteen, and some grey+metallic print fabric, raspberry pink batik for the circles,  a length of silver bias tape, and lots of embroidery in mainly metallic thread.




Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler
I worked three stitches on the two circles left from last week:
The little circle has #212 Loose French Knot Stitch (in orange) while the larger circle is filled with #176 Buttonhole Cross Stitch and the green machine braided edge is held down with #171 Ray Stitch.





New! Catch Up!
Label for the Log Cabin Challenge Quilt

I have not yet made a label for the Log cabin quilt 

and as I have some spare blocks I'll make a simple label.




6 comments:

Pamela said...

The cushion and the quilt are gorgeous! You must be so very pleased!

Janie said...

Super beautiful projects Carin! Your velveteen cushion is really attractive on the day bed. And your new stitches are just right.

carorose said...

Your quilt and cushion are beautiful. Worthwhile taking the time over. Congratulations.

Rachel said...

That cushion is a great success - well done!

Tanya said...

That cushion is stunning! It looks like something one would find in a museum! And that's amazing how you've matched it up with the quilt you made years ago. Well done!

Angela said...

Love the cushion! I am tempted to copy your idea but our dog likes cushions too much. He would ruin it in no time.