Friday, 12 June 2026

Friday Revision Homework - Stitches: 361 - 365

This time Sunbonnet Sue is engaged in a daily activity she shares with everyone in the world - that of waiting. 

She has popped into a café and is sipping her drink while watching the hands of the clock on the wall. 

Who or what is she waiting for? Is the 'who' or the 'what' 5 minutes late? It is already 3.05 pm.


It was fun to use the various stitches: 

#365 Link Powdering Stitch made a nice leopard print for her T-shirt, 

#362 Roza's Ladder Stitch turned out to be great for both the tweed skirt and the cut glass vase,

#363 Torocko Stitch was just right for a checked bag

#364 Kashimiri Ball Stitch was the obvious choice for the clock and also for the flowers on the table

finally #361 Vertical Herringbone just had to be the decoration of the aluminium table.


Other stitches used are, Stem Stitch for the body outlines, chair, hair, shoes and scarf.

I used Straight Stitch for the glasses and Backstitched Chain Stitch for the bag's handle.



5 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

I love it! Especially the way you have incorporated those unusual stitches in an everyday scene. Well done!

Pamela said...

Excellent use of these stitches!

Janie said...

How fun is that!! Super design and use of color and stitches.
Yes, Sue, I can ralate I'm meeting someone for lunch today too.
I'll think of you if I have to wait.

Angela said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love the use the Kashmiri Ball stitch!

Rachel said...

Such a good demonstration of the possibilities of the stitches, having one stitch doing a tweed skirt and a glass vase!