Wednesday 2 October 2024

WIPW - More Aqua

It is time for Work In Progress Wednesday.

THIS last week I have had time to add some more aqua on the 


Mandala

Do you remember the raspberry circle in the middle of the Mandala? I had already added a disc of waste sequins and a circle of plastic cups covered in light blue silk. Just before I had my eye trouble I was planning to add some fancy embroidery stitches... 

Well, I now have. From between the cups sprouts #64 Madam Totsuka's Tasseled Chain Stitch and #71 Twisted Fly Stitch. 

The former stitches were worked in a Bunka thread with metallic from Oliver Twist. This thread twists and squiggles uncontrollably, so I stitched down the tasselled loops to keep them beautifully displayed.

Where will I go from here? What will I add next?... One thing is for sure, this circle is not finished yet.


Birthday Present
I have made a belated birthday gift for a small boy. (It was too hot to make anything during the summer heat.) 
By using scrap fabric and a few lengths of ricrac I have also made a small dent in my stash.

The result is a hand doll. The recipient is only three years old, so he'll have to decide for himself what it is, maybe a catfish, a mudskipper, an eel or a snake. Or is it a fantastic beast that has escaped Newt Scamander's brown suitcase?




I especially like the dotted ricrac, the white side must be teeth and the purple with white dots, could be suction cups! What useful tools for eating!

Hexablooms
I made eight more flowers. The total is now 108.




No comments: