Wednesday 23 October 2024

WIPW - 9 3/6

It's been a hectic week since last Wednesday. For the Work In Progress Wednesday report, I have worked on the 


Mandala

where I completed the centre circle. Do you remember the railway braid I added last week? 


The outer 'rail' follows the edge of the circle, but the inner 'rail' is too large (as the circle is smaller a bit away from the edge).

So I pulled each section tight by stitching it down further in from the edge and adding a golden bead.


I also added little floral-shaped sequins and anchored them with a small blue bead.

The circle is now complete:


I need to add something more to the Mandala.... but what?


Hexablooms

I made another set of hexagon blocks. Nine are complete, but the last one has only three out of six petals, so this week's count is 9 3/6. I will finish it tomorrow.

Some of the remnants I used for these bocks are from my childhood. My mother was an accomplished amateur seamstress and made some very beautiful garments for me.

The orange and yellow is a small scrap of cotton left from when I made a casual summer coat in the early 70's.


Once the purple 3/6 petals are complete, the total count will be 140 flowers.



3 comments:

Pamela said...

Even with a hectic week, you made a lot of progress. I really like the orange hexagons!

Rachel said...

I'm sure you'll work out what the Mandala is asking for - although it looks delightful just as it is!

carorose said...

Are you going to put seed stitch in the other three setions facing the middle? If you are I would wait until these are completed before I added anthing else.