Sunday 14 August 2022

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 221: Sarah's Triple Chain Stitch

Those who have followed TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) have probably come across a stitch called Triple Chain Stitch.



Recently I found another Triple Chain Stitch, at  Sarah's Hand Embroidery Tutorials

I want to use this newly found stitch for my collection here at Sunday Stitch School, but need to keep the two stitches apart. I will therefore take the liberty to call the latter Sarah's Triple Chain Stitch.

Here is how to stitch it:

Make a line of Chain Stitch.




Anchor the last stitch.
Make a second line parallel to the first.


Work a line of Chain Stitch (yellow) in between the 
two lines by using the blue threads.






Anchor the last stitch.


Homework:
Add to the usual three samplers.











10 comments:

Janie said...

Triple Chain makes a good border and interesting variations are possible!

Pamela said...

This looks like a knitted sweater.

Angela said...

Oh, that is so clever and inventive!

Rachel said...

Two lovely, decorative stitches.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I do like the triple chain

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely version of triple chain stitch. I expected the usual version. The second colour enhances the design too.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely version of the Triple Chain stitch. I expected it to be the usual one. The second colour is also appealing.

crazyQstitcher said...

This is a lovely version of the Triple Chain stitch I know. The second colour enhances the work as well.

crazyQstitcher said...

I expected the common version This is a great version of the Triple Chain stitch. The second colour enhances the stitch also.

Toki said...

I thought it was so beautiful and interesting.
It's more effective if you change the color.