Wednesday 15 August 2018

WIPW - Tossing the Salad

Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
I have been tossing in more ingredients into the Watermelon and Olive salad.

 Do you remember this ribbon from my stash photograph?
 It had the right colours, but I didn't like the stripes, so what to do?
Twist it, pin it, press it, and stitch it down!

I wanted some floral design and used the following stitches: Feather, Bullion Knot and Buttonholed Detached Chain (Lazy Daisy).

This is what the block looks at the moment:


Hopefully more progress next week.


14 comments:

Rachel said...

That's a great use of the ribbon. It looks a bit ordinary as a flat ribbon, but twisted into a spiral it looks far more interesting!

Queeniepatch said...

Another advantage is that the bias twist makes it follow the curved seam easily.

Sarah in NF CT said...

Love what you did with the ribbon. I am filing that aways for future use in my own CQ blocks.

Janie said...

Great idea with the ribbon!
Your embroidery is gorgeous.
What an artistic toss, Queenie.

Queeniepatch said...

By twisting a ribbon you can use it on the bias, so it not only changes the looks of the pattern but the flexibility, too. I hope you find a use for it.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you.
The ribbon was a bit fiddly at first, but I am happy with the result.

jacaranda said...

Those colours are magic.

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, I like them, too.

crazyQstitcher said...

Clever idea for the ribbon. It will make me look at ribbons differently now. You seam treatments are inspiring.I love the Bullion/Buttonhole flowers.

carorose said...

Great use of the ribbon. Must remember that .

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The ribbon does look better twisted and I like what you have done with the embroidery.

Queeniepatch said...

It was by chance that I found the new look of the ribbon once it was twisted. I love it!

Queeniepatch said...

It was not my intention at first, I saw the new look by chance, and love it!

Queeniepatch said...

The ribbon twisted my arm into twisting it! I had other plans for it, but then found how great it looks and decided ti keep it.