Tuesday 30 August 2016

TASTy Tuesday - Second Helpings 92 - 98

For this week's portion of TAST stitches I have used some variegated thread, think ripple ice cream or sauce artistically painted on the plate.
There are also some beaded stitches, would they be a sprinkle of rock salt or ice cubes in a bowl of chilled soup?
Is this turning into a food blog?!


From the top:
92) Crossed Feather Stitch
93) Plaited Feather Stitch
94) Reversed Buttonhole Bar
95) Linked Chain Stitch
96) Beaded Linked Chain Stitch
97) Shell Chain Stitch
98) Beaded Shell Chain Stitch

I am sorry to say I did not remember the name of one single stitch. As for how to stitch them, a quick look at my TAST Reference Chart gave me some hints, but I did have to look up most of the instructions in Sharon's Stitch Dictionary at Pingtangle.. Sigh!

7 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oooo I like the beads. The variegated thread does look like something cool for what turned out to be a very hot day (after leaving home in the morning with a jacket).

Janie said...

Beautiful stitching and I think the idea of picturing food to describe is a fun idea.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Pretty. I wouldn't remember their names or know how to do them without looking them up.

carorose said...

It does make a pretty pattern doesn't it?

Pamela said...

This is wonderful! I love it!

Annet said...

It's fun to watch this grow! Don't be so hard on yourself, it's not easy to remember all names and how to embroider them. I often have to take a look at the directions too.

FlashinScissors said...

Thank goodness for Sharon's dictionary! It's good to know where to find these stitches quickly, isn't it!
Your stitches are looking so pretty, and they have such lovely names too!
Barbara x