Wednesday 17 July 2019

WIPW - One More Stumpwork Portrait

For this week's Work In Progress Wednesday I can report on yet another

Stumpwork Portrait
In this case, the draping of the green silk is the main feature. It is simply a piece of scrap left from the latest Crazy for Crazy octagon block.

I have also made a beaded trim for the edges on this and the previous cards:

I learned this technique from Pamela of Hokkaido Kudasai. You will find it here.



Freeform Embroidery
I have started a freeform embroidery on evenweave. I will ignore the grid and stitch as I like, choosing stitches from Sunday Stitch School and TAST. Mainly Perle #8 will be used.


Crazy for Crazy
has been shelved for the time being - as summer 'gets in the way'.

I will take things easy for a bit, enjoy a rest, and my blog activities, both writing and reading, will be put on the back burner.










7 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

I just love the green silk portait. She looks as if she could step off the page and speak. Wow!

Enjoy your summer break.

Rachel said...

That stumpwork portrait is absolutely wonderful!

Julie Fukuda said...

The beaded borders on your card are the frosting on the cake. I am way behind on blogging even without taking an intentional break. Maybe I am getting rusty in all this rain....

Pamela said...

These two cards are great! Well done on the beaded edges!

FlashinScissors said...

Both cards are lovely! Great beading!
Thanks for the link to Pamela’s tutorial. I’ve been meaning to try using some of the beads from my stash, and this just might give me the push to do it.
Have a good break, Queenie!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Love your lady, she's got a lovely face.

Tanya said...

Your latest stumpwork is just wonderful!