Saturday 30 November 2013

TAST #91 - Straight Sided Feather Stitch

This time Sharon of Pintangle, who is giving us these wonderful TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) stitches, handed out three stitches at the same time but I will work and post one at a time.

Here is TAST #91 which is called Straight Sided Feather Stitch. Actually it gives the basic Feather stitch a more geometric and stiff look.

I made two lines, one wider, one a bit more narrow.
Although this is a simple stitch I think the possibilities are endless, e.g. two rows in mirror image, extremely long or short stitches, or a combination.

I can tell you already now that the next stitch is combination stitch. How I will work it you'll see next week!

7 comments:

margaret said...

like your stitch here Queenie, feather stitch is on of my favourites for crazy work and now we have all these variations to try out, will try and do some samples tomorrow

Julie Fukuda said...

I really think that one has a lot of possibilities.

Queeniepatch said...

I think Feather stitch has endless possibilities. I am sure you will have fun with your try out.

Queeniepatch said...

This is one of the easiest stitches to work, yet it has many faces.

Annet said...

What a difference the size of the stitch makes! The wider row gives much more space to tuck in another stitch or a bead.

Queeniepatch said...

You are right! and immediately see the possibilities!

Anonymous said...

I also agree that feather stitch has endless possibilities. I like the you have done this stitch , the colours are lovely.