My 'snakes' are growing tails!
Those of you who have been following this project
(started at the end of April 2016)
know that I am making a large quilt
(bed spread size)
out of small
(2.5 cm tall and 2 cm wide at the base) triangles.
You know that they are green
and come from many sources
(my stash, my friends' stash, old clothes, tea towels, upholstery and whatnots).
(27 triangles each)
where the triangles are darker on one side and lighter on the other.
You know that I have joined these paper strips into long 'snakes'
(8 paper strips in each 'snake')
and that I have 38 'snakes' hibernating in my vivariums.
What you don't know is that they have begun to grow tails!
I find that I want a good over hang for this bed spread and need to add a tail of 27 triangels to each snake. That way the quilt will be long and nice.
Last week I added 10 tails,
and this week I added another 10.
I have another 18 tails to make and then I can forget about triangles, and stitch the snakes side by side to thin strips of plain green fabric and finally have my flimsy.
Fabric in Focus
So simple, so rich - green and gold