Saturday 17 August 2013

Festival of Quilts - MORE pictures!

Here are MORE pictures from Festival of Quilts.

The Guild Challenge was 'Transported' and

Ros Peedle went to Africa in her quilt 'Wild At Heart'

 'Transported - Dreamboat' by Caroline Regnaut
is made entirely out of ties - a stunning piece




















'Transported - Snail Mail' by Jacqueline Amies
Can you see the snails and read the inscription? This quilt put a smile on my face!


Here are some Japanese or Japan inspired quilts:

'Japanese Inspiration' by Anna Christiansen














This is Fusako Takaido's 'Garden of Dream'


Gail Casimir has also made a garden; 'A Japanese Garden'


Detail of a family crest.
Finally Naoko Hirano's 'Japanese Dragon 2012'





I hope all information is correct; if not, please don't hesitate to let me know.

10 comments:

The Pied Pedlar said...

Thanks' again for sharing.

Anita said...

I enjoyed looking at all the quilts.Thanks for sharing these images Queenie. I couldn't take my eyes off Fusako Takaido's 'Garden of Dream'...

Lins Artyblobs said...

Love the dragons!

Queeniepatch said...

They are loveable and charming for sure!

Queeniepatch said...

Isn't Garden of Dream stunning? It is hard to take one's eyes off such a beauty!

carorose said...

Thanks for sharing. It is always interesting to see what is happening elsewhere.

margaret said...

more that I missed! the dragon is such fun, and yes managed to zoom in on the post box and read the details

Anonymous said...

The garden of dreams and the Japanese dragon quilts are gorgeous, I am going to have to go to one of these shows myself, there is so much to see!

Queeniepatch said...

Do you really think Royal Snail Mail would recommend Email/Facebook andTwitter??!!

Queeniepatch said...

I warmly recommend going to a quilt show to see the quilts 'in the flesh'. Today I went to see a few Welsh quilts in Stowmarket. One had about 17500 tiny hexagons.