The theme is M U S I C
Should you wish to participate, then these are the rules:
- one block per person
- 20 cm x 20 cm for the motif, add a seam allowance of 1-2 cm on all sides
- flimsy block, i.e. no wadding, no quilting
- your name should be written with pen in the seam allowance of the lower right hand corner
- your block should have reached NHK by 31st August, 2015
- enclose a note with your name, address, tel no, email address
- send to:
NHK Sutekini Handmade
Your block will be joined with other blocks into large bed size quilts and quilted by volunteers. These quilts will be displayed at Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival in January next year, where they will be raffled off. A raffle ticket is 500 yen.
A link (in Japanese) to NHK's website for this event is here.
Now IF you plan to send in a block, AND live in Japan don't forget to enclose a self addressed and stamped (52 yen) postcard. Leave the back plain and NHK will then print the information about which quilt your block has been added to, and return the post card to you.