Wednesday 7 March 2018

WIPW - The Edging Is On

I am just in time for my Work In Progress Wednesday report before the day turns into Thursday!

Crazy for Crazy

I have trimmed the block, and framed it with a black edge. The first block is done.

Furthermore I have picked out some light purple pieces, some braids and thread for the next block.
I know it is not much of a progress, and there is no need to comment.

Hopefully I have not only got started, but well under way with the new block by next Wednesday.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Getting the colours and threads picked out really is progress, even if it doesn't feel like it! I've had projects where that has taken me an entire afternoon....

jacaranda said...

Your embroidery is stunning, so beautiful.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, so lovely!

crazyQstitcher said...

Really lovely. You are more than half way if you have gathered necessities for the next hexagon..

Janie said...

Beautiful finish Queenie. And I think half the battle of any new project is
the color and component choices.
You're off to a good start.

Queeniepatch said...

I, too, needed a lot of time to select what I want to uses for this block. I guess I have enough to make ten blocks in the same colour way!

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you. This cq quilt will be a play piece where I try out some TAST and SSS stitches as well as new things.

Queeniepatch said...

You are right, selecting fabric, trimming, embellishments and thread is half the job!

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, you are right there. Once the components are selected the stitching is not that hard, or is it? We'll have to wait and see!

Renee said...

I have been catching up, reading through your posts. Your stitching is always a joy to see. This block is beautiful!