Pages

▼

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

WIPW - A Present in the Making

 Here is this week's Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Hexablooms

I only had time to assemble the 17 blocks into sets of two + a white single hexagon.

I hope to have time to join them into one column and then attach that to the right side of the flimsy. I keep my fingers crossed I will manage to have the work done by the end of next week.

The reason for this slow progress is that I have been commissioned to make a 


Birthday Present

in the form of a cushion cover. I am trying to make a tutorial, for future reference, for this reversible envelope-closure cushion cover.

Here is a picture of the front of the main side, still in the making. I had the blue fabric and the machine-laced ornaments in my stash. I am very happy to use things that are 'just hiding in a box'.




Sunday Stitch School Indigo Stitch Sampler

I added some Closed Feather Stitch seams; one of them is holding down a pink ribbon.









3 comments:

  1. Great idea to incorporate the ribbon in the stitch. Isn’t it nice to be able to use something from stash? No need to hurry on finishing the hexagons. You’ll miss working on this project after it’s finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Closed Feather Stitch samples on the Indigo Stitch Sampler are beautiful and show good color and thread variety results.
    And you've been commissioned to make a birthday present, a cushion cover!!! This looks to be an exciting project for me, that is, to see how you
    get it all together.
    Your hexagon progress looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to use something from your stash. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and adding a comment.


Says Google: European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.