Every time I make a Sunbonnet Sue Stitch Sampler, I have five stitches to use. At least one of them needs to 'talk to me' and 'tell me what role it wants to play'.
For this scene, I had Cross and Twist Stitch, Looped Stem Stitch, Surface Darning Stitch, Whipped Reversed Fly Stitch and Oblong Cross Stitch.
It was the Looped Stem Stitch that first whispered into my ear: "You know, Queenie, I was born to become bubbles. Let Sue take a bubble bath".
Suddenly the Oblong Cross Stitch raised its voice and said: "I would make a beautiful latticed stained glass window, wouldn't I? Matt green for privacy".
The Whipped Reversed Fly Stitch cleared its throat and demanded: "That window needs a frame, and I insist on filling that role!"
After that, the Surface Darning Stitch piped up: " Sue will need a towel when she gets out of the bath. No one makes a better weave than I do!"
Everyone looked at the Cross and Twist Stitch. It looked back at them all and stated: "With such a fine environment, Sue needs an elegant bathtub. The old-fashioned type, with golden lion feet and a row of stars along the side. None of you can surpass me in making golden stars!"
And so, the task of making this Sampler was easy for Queenie!
Nice use of all of the stitches.
ReplyDelete