I hope you have remembered that July 30th is World Embroidery Day. Let's all take a few, or a LOT of, stitches today.
For the background of World Embroidery Day and inspiration, why not have a look at Piecework Magazine's article.
I am celebrating by working on two projects, one is the Canvas Sampler, which is old and one I am lagging behind with.
The other is new - a small kit of Japanese Sashiko. I was inspired by Pamela of Hokkaido Kudasai, who had bought her kits at the Seria 100 Yen shop. These kits are really good value for money and I will enjoy making a small cloth for the kitchen with my kit. When I first came to Japan, these small dish cloths or tea towels were found in every kitchen. 46 years later, kitchens now often have dishwashers and disposable microfibre cloths. Let's get some charming items back into the kitchen!
HAPPY STITHCING!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by and adding a comment.
Says Google: European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.
As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.