Pages

Wednesday, 15 July 2026

WIPW - Catching Up On the Indigo Sampler

Here is a Work In Progress Wednesday report from a swelteringly hot Tokyo. The rainy season is still not over but the temperature tells another story. The themometer says it is the height of summer.


Hexablooms

I have started attatching the line of blocks in row 16 to the row 15 of the flimsy. This is the job I illustrated with this picture earlier.




I have also assembled a number of new blocks for row 17.



Sunday Stitch School Indigo Stitch Sampler

First, I made a circle with #367 Whipped Stem Stitch. Then, with the help of waste canvas, I started on a set of #368 Balloon Stitch. I hope to have a larger area filled in by next Wednesday, as well as a sample of the #369 Single Wave Stitch and #370 Colcha Stitch..



5 comments:

  1. The hexagons are coming along nicely. I know from experience how heavy and hot they can be. I recognize the fob on your scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that having gold or silver centers for your hexagons really works well for the overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress on your indigo sampler, the set of Balloon Stitches will look great on the indigo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a knack with colour! The balloon stitch looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't begin to imagine working on a quilt, even just the flimsy, in a heatwave!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and adding a comment.


Says Google: European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.