Wednesday 20 March 2019

WIPW - BES, Beads and Sequins and A New Project

Wednesday means a report of Work In Progress Wednesday.

BES,
short for Brazilian Embroidery Study.
I have studied the booklet,
and got started on the practical preparations.

First I basted a thin sheet of woven interfacing to the back of the green silk to stabilize the silk and have somewhere to anchor the stitches.

Then I basted protective edges to the silk. This will make it easier to stretch the fabric in a hoop without damaging the silk.
I made a sketch for the design with white charcoal pen. The ink disappears when it is touched by a hot iron.

I then started on the stitching.
 Outline Stitch for one stem and Coral Stitch for the other. Nice and chunky.

Crazy for Crazy
I wrapped yellow shiny thread around a wooden bead and fixed it to the centre of the purple tatted flower.
I added sequins, glas beads and couched down a braid.



New:
Vaxholmskudden
This is the working title for a cushion I am going to make in Swedish wool embroidery á la Karin Derland.

So far I have picked out some fabric.


5 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

A lot to see today. The BES has started well. I am not brave enough to have tried working on silk but it will add richness to the stitches.
The C4C is gorgeous. I thought the braid was a length of beads.
The cover of the book has interesting stitches.
Is this the one you will stitch or are there other patterns?
You have your hands full now. :-))

Pamela said...

Lots of progress this week! How are you liking the rayon Brazilian thread?

Rachel said...

Going very well - a good use of that tatted flower, too!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

A good start for BES. Crazy is looking good and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new one progresses.

carorose said...

That wool work looks interesting.