Friday 1 March 2019

Friday Revision Homework - Illness

Telephone rings.

Clerk: Sunday Stitch School, can I help you?
Student: Yes, this is Queenie Patch. I am sorry I can not hand in my Friday Revision Homework today.
Clerk: Oh, and what is your excuse?
Student: Well, Miss, I have a headache and sore throat.
Clerk: I see. Well, you are in luck. Your teacher is in bed with a bad bout of hay fever. There will be no new stitch on Sunday at Sunday Stitch School.
Student: Oh, but I am sure I will be well by Sunday!
Clerk: But the TEACHER will NOT.
Student: OK. I'll be back with my homework next week Friday. Tell the teacher I wish her a speedy recovery.
Clerk: You, too, get better soon.
Picture source: https://web-japan.org/nipponia/nipponia21/en/trend/index.html

10 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh my! Please take care! You hardly ever miss your homework.

Rachel said...

Get well soon!

chitra said...

do get well soon. best wishes! and take care.

jacaranda said...

Take care, rest and get well soon.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Hope you are feeling better soon

crazyQstitcher said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

FlashinScissors said...

Hope you feel better soon, Queenie!
Barbara x

carorose said...

Imhope it isn't the flu.

Janie said...

Yes, I hope you get better soon, Queenie.
I get a little allergy type congestion too this time of year, I think wind has
something to do with it.
Soon you'll be back!

Tanya said...

Yes, it is hard to tell if one is sick or if it is the hay fever that is bringing about the headaches and sore throat. Whichever, please get well soon!