Friday 7 December 2018

Friday Homework for Lesson 82: Bokhara Couching

I finished my homework in the nick of time.

It was fun and easy to stitch, but I had to rush so the result is not as neat as I would have liked.

Aida Sampler
The large space between the holes makes Aida unsuitable for filling, but it was very easy to stitch and I quite like the grid-like look.

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
 It was enjoyable to work free form.
On the brown and light blue rectangle I cheated of course, and used brown thread for the laid work and light blue for the couching. Also I did not pay attention to where I placed the stitches so I got a very modern free design there.

 Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth
For this pentagon design I used an old template. I added five long Straight stitches to define the shape.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

They all look different. I kind of like the Aida - the very even grid look. The pentagon makes me thing about filling for a window or something for embellishment on an applique piece.

Rachel said...

The grid look would be quite useful in some situations, even if it isn't really a proper covering filling!

Renee said...

I love the texture of these stitches! Beautiful work.

jacaranda said...

Lovely stitching. When you say that you have homework, are you doing an online course or going to a school for hands on lessons. I have been following your stitching posts and you embroider beautifully.