Wednesday 19 September 2018

WIPW - Thank You

Thank you for kind comments and words of concern and encouragement.
I needed extra time to care for and support people around me who have been fighting various problems. It has been very emotional and exhausting, but now many things are settled and life can slowly return to normal, or at least the way it was before.
I am sorry I have not been able to answer your comments or visit blogs.

I had to choose sleep over stitching/blogging and that is why I have very little of progress to show you.

However I think I have finished the olive and watermelon
Crazy for Crazy
quilt block by adding a few beads:

Sets of three 'fingers' of pink seed beads on the seam.

An edge of the same pink seed beads on the Dorset Button.

Result:

I feel the block is completed. What do you think?







12 comments:

Janie said...

I think it's gorgeous, rich.
The three fingers of seed beads are the perfect touch.
Beautiful embellishment on your
Dorset button.
Glad things have settled down for you.

Rachel said...

Continue to prioritise rest as much as you need, but remember that sometimes embroidery can be self-care!

I think the block is probably finished, too, unless you have a sudden inspiration...

FlashinScissors said...

Your olive and watermelon block is gorgeous ..... I especially like the way you have used those beads!
So glad to hear things have settled for you now, Queenie!
Blogging does “steal” our time away, and I certainly appreciate time that all my blogging friends spend writing!
I always enjoy seeing all that you stitch and it’s so lovely of you to share your stitching with us!
Take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

jacaranda said...

Your block is beautiful and stunning. Have been thinking of you at this hard time. Take care and look after yourself.

Pamela said...

Beads are always a nice addition. I always have a hard ime knowing when a CQ piece is finished. I like how this block looks.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think I would call that finished, as it might be hard to find room for something more. I'm glad you could find even a little time for yourself. Please take care.

Elizabeth's quarters said...

Absolutely, go with your gut, if you think it's finished, then it is. You can always add more at a later date, unpicking unnecessary stitches is more of a nuisance. I think your block is beautiful and the colours are stunning.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors, the stitching, and great composition!

Annet said...

Love the stitches on this block, there's so much to see!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Such a beautiful block! I love the watermelon colours and I greatly admire your Dorset button, they look fun to stitch. Those pink flower sequins are lovely too! Life happens, and family and friends definitely come first. I hope things settle down for you soon :)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It looks very nice to me.

Anonymous said...

fantastic, you have created a work of art!