Friday 21 September 2018

Friday Homework for Lesson 74: Boucle Stitch

Teacher: Good evening
Student: Good evening
Teacher: You are very late. Why are you out of breath?
Student: I'm sorry, I've been rushing.
Teacher: Well, have you any homework to hand in, or have you another excuse for not having done your assignment?
Students: I've just finished it. Here it is.
Teacher: Hm, I can see you have been rushing, the tension is no good.
Student: It WAS difficult, especially as I have had so many other things on my mind.
Teacher: Let that be a lesson for you - stitching under tension makes it difficult to keep the tension - of the thread!
Student: Ha, ha, very funny!
Teacher: You are dismissed!
Student: Sigh!

Aida Sampler






SSS Reference Chart




Fake Canvas


Student: Pst! You can see that the smaller the stitch the better the result. Boule Stitch would make a nice filling stitch if only one could keep a nice tension.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Stitch scale is one of my obsessions. Different stitches work better at different scales or tensions (sorry!), so it pays to experiment!

Pamela said...

Interesting stitch, but it looks difficult. Hope you can get more time to yourself in the week ahead.

crazyQstitcher said...

Your Aida sample of Boucle stitch is perfect. I had bother with it and should try it again, using different threads.
Your brown half-way version would work on seams too.

Janie said...

The larger size has a netting look.
And, yes, mental tension does effect the outcome of projects!
I've actually thrown projects out just half done because of tension and
frustration. Not great to admit. I do try to recognize that in myself
and back off to rest.
Life happens.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh my, I' glad that wan't my homework. You are lucky to have gotten it done at all. Hope you get a bit of time for yourself soon.

jacaranda said...

Looks good to me, well done, at least you did your homework!!!

Stitching Lady said...

Ha, so so true! I am not able to start anything under tension - so lately I couldn’t achieve much.....selling house, moving things